Masonic Society School
The Masonic Society School is proud to announce its pilot course, The History and Philosophy of Freemasonry, with historic readings, online video commentaries on the readings, and a discussion forum. The course will take place online October 17-December 19, 2016. Click here.
The readings and nine video commentaries will include:
- overview of the early operative masons
- formation of the Grand Lodge of England and its constitutions
- Masonic jurisprudence
- practice and nature of Masonic initiation
- Freemasons at the time of the American Revolution
- anti-Masonic movements
- women in Masonry
- Rosicrucian and Egyptian influences in Masonry
- spiritual nature of Masonry
- and more
Students and the instructor will have a private forum for discussing the readings and commentaries.
The course is open exclusively to Masonic Society members. A video introduction and registration form, as well as information on joining the society, are available on the society’s website.
The instructor of the course will be Michael R. Poll, owner of Cornerstone Book Publishers. and a New York Times bestselling writer and publisher. He is a fellow and past president of The Masonic Society, and a fellow of the Philalethes Society.