Saturday, July 28, 2012

‘Art on H.O.T.’

    
This news just in from Sister Janet:

The Maryland Masonic Research Society will host its annual festive board Monday, August 20, when it will welcome to the podium Ill. Arturo de Hoyos, 33°, Grand Archivist of the A&ASR Southern Jurisdiction, who will discuss “the symbolism in the art and architecture of the House of the Temple.” This will take place at Café de Paris (owned by a Brother Mason) in Columbia, Maryland.

Of the House of the Temple, Janet says “If you’ve visited there, you already know what a fantastic building it is. Come find out what’s really going on!” And I second the motion.

Your meal will cost $39, which also covers tax, gratuity, and wine. A cash bar also will be available.

Of the Maryland Masonic Research Society, Janet explains “The MMRS is open to everybody – Masons, spouses of Masons, friends of the Craft, and prospective joiners. The late Jim Harding set it up that way with approval from the Grand Lodge of Maryland.”

I won’t post Janet’s e-mail address, so if you would like to see the menu choices and make reservations, leave me a note in the comments section. I won’t publish your comment, but leave me your e-mail address and I’ll get back to you. It sounds like a terrific night out, and if it wasn’t 240 miles away, I’d meet you there.
    

No comments: