I’m on the fence about driving to this one, but if Bro. Corelli is up for it, I’ll get us out there. It’s not a degree that Union 479 has planned for next Friday, but a Special Stated Meeting, and it looks like fun, plus I’ve never been to the Daniel Boone Homestead. (The Empire State Grotto Association annual, scheduled for this weekend in Jersey, got scratched. The James R. Case Award dinner, rescheduled for tomorrow in Connecticut, apparently is being rescheduled again. I am owed a little trip!)
Sorry to say I’ve never even heard of Birdsboro, where both lodge and historic site are located, but it isn’t prohibitively distant. The lodge normally meets on fourth Thursdays in its own building, but the brethren will get together this time, by dispensation, at the Homestead with a campfire cookout afterward.
The Daniel Boone Homestead, in the words of its caretakers:
...preserves its historic, cultural, and natural resources to educate and interpret the life of Daniel Boone, the history of the Oley Valley and promote environmental stewardship through engaging, and interactive experiences that are relevant, accessible, and meaningful to diverse audiences. The Daniel Boone Homestead Associates, a non-profit community-based organization, supports and assists the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission in the operation of the site.
Union Lodge received its charter 156 years ago this month. Read their history here.
Hope to see you there.

No comments:
Post a Comment