Monday, November 24, 2014

‘Have a Quattro Coronati cigar’

     

I take my tobacco seriously. To quote Winston Churchill, “My tastes are simple. I am easily satisfied with the very best.” In addition to smoking cigars and pipes for just about three decades, I worked part-time for a number of years in Lew Rothman’s flagship store, learning everything I could about quality tobacco, from the agriculture to the last ash. So, I am happy to have found out this morning of the release over the weekend of Quattro Coronati cigars. “Ultra premium Dominican handmade cigars by brethren for brethren.” That’s brother Freemasons by the way.

The Feast Day of the Four Crowned Martyrs passed this month, so the timing of this launch is right. The Freemasons behind this endeavor are Eduardo R. Adam, Oliver M.S. Guillet, and Timothy W. Hogan. You’ve probably heard of Hogan, the author and traveling lecturer.


  • The Agape is a robusto shape. Ten to a box that retails for $144.
  • The Sanctum is a figurado measuring 5 7/8 x 56. Also 10 to a box that retails for $144.
  • The Magus is a double corona at 7 x 50. Ditto 10 to a box that retails for $144.
  • The Gran Solomon is a monster of 7.8 inches with a 63 ring. Five cigars, each in a coffin, per box at $165.
  • The Ruffians, a toro shape, also sells for $144 for a box of 10.
  • The Anthology is a sampler containing two sticks of each shape. Also 10 to a box for $144.


Sales are mail order only. So far, at least.

I look forward to trying these smokes, and I wish the brethren all the best!
     

No comments: